Spirit Point Competition! 1st - Fantastic 4 | 2nd - Hui Mana'o | 3rd - Laulima | 4th - Na Koa | 5th - 'Ekahi | 6th - Hui Ha'aheo | 7th - Ho'oko | 8th - Laule'a

February 14, 2022

1st Place - Highlands Valentine's Poetry Contest 2022

Crush
Kamaile Pa’aluhi


Thousands of unsent emails
Words left unsaid
I just can’t compose the right words
It’s impossible to get you out of my head

How would I tell what everyone knows
You walk past and my heart begins to flutter
I feel the redness spreading across my face
Now I can’t focus and my words stutter

I’m not one with my words
It becomes hard to concentrate and difficult to think
This language seeming alien as I attempt to talk
You walk away before I can even blink

Although it will be a while before I talk to you
I get anxious and nervous, I won’t deny
So here, I can only secretly wish you one thing
A happy Valentine’s.