Spirit Point Competition! 1st - Fantastic 4 | 2nd - Hui Mana'o | 3rd - Laulima | 4th - Na Koa | 5th - 'Ekahi | 6th - Hui Ha'aheo | 7th - Ho'oko | 8th - Laule'a

February 14, 2022

3rd Place - Highlands Valentine's Poetry Contest 2022

Hanahaki Disease
Kylee Mizumoto


I have always been fond of flowers,
Watering them is a part of my routine.
Vivid petals make my inside delight,
That was until I met you.

Glancing at your side,
The sunray enhancing your alluring nature.
Your euphonious voice is music to my ears,
Hence making my inside fuzzy.

Vines stretched my lungs,
Making me breathless.
Beautiful flowers that I’ve always adored,
Now continuously dropping from my mouth.

Crimson liquid puddled up in my hand,
Still desperately gasping.
A mix of bitterness and sweetness,
That is what a piteous person like me feels.

A sweet beginning with a bitter ending,
You can say that.
Before the last petal falls out,
Can I at least gather them all and give them to you?

As a token of my unspoken, I love you.